What Would a New Smile Do for You?
Do you love your smile? Or is there something (or a few things) you would change if you could? Do you avoid smiling with your teeth for pictures? Or do you show off your pearly whites every chance you get?
At Simcoe Family Dentistry, we have all of the tools to give you the beautiful smile you are looking for! Together with our amazing dental lab, we create gorgeous, natural smiles using the latest in digital technology. Digitally creating a new smile means that our patient is involved in the design and the process every step of the way!
How Does the Smile Design Process Work?
- Our Barrie Dentist will complete a comprehensive exam to determine what will work best for your teeth. This initial exam will include xrays, a periodontal (or gum) exam, an exam of your teeth as well as an assessment of your occlusion (or bite). The information collected at this appointment will allow our Barrie dentist to pick the best treatment for you! Treatment may include crowns, veneers, composite restorations, implants and even Invisalign when we are creating a plan to give you your ideal result.
- We will take smile design pictures as well as a scan. These pictures are a great tool as our lab can use them to simulate a smile based on what you feel is attractive. You will then have a chance to look at these simulations (usually two options) and provide feedback as needed.
- When you are happy with the look of the simulation, the lab will help us to create a “snap on smile”. This is the most amazing tool in smile design because you actually get to see the result in your mouth prior to going ahead with the treatment! Our patients can’t believe that they can try their new smile out prior to making the final decision! This part of the process also allows for any feedback to be given to the lab in designing the final smile.
- When you, our dentist and lab are all thrilled with the result of these simulations, we will book your “prep” appointment. At this appointment, the dentist will change the shape of the teeth we are treating to allow for the teeth to have room for your new smile. You will leave this appointment with temporary teeth while we wait 1-2 weeks for the lab to custom create your final result.
- 1-2 weeks after the prep appointment, we will bring you back for an appointment to remove the temporary teeth and place your permanent new smile. This is the most exciting appointment for our smile design patients and nothing can compare to the feeling our team gets when we have a patient who can’t wait to show of his or her smile!
Our Barrie Dentists love helping our patients achieve the smile of their dreams. If this is something you have though about in the past, please give us a call! We would love to help you to love your smile!