What is the importance of a smile? What does your smile convey to those you know? Did you know that a smile means the same thing no matter which language you speak? Today we will explore some of the little known facts about the benefits of smiling!
1. Smile and the world will smile with you! Yes, smiling is contagious! Not only will you make yourself happy by smiling, but you will make those around you happier.
2. Smiling may make you live longer. What is the key to longevity? Happiness! Those who smile more are happier, and those who are happier tend to live longer lives.
3. Smiling makes you more attractive. Have you heard the expression “she smiled and her face lit up”? This works for both men and women. When you are smiling you are more approachable, thought of as friendlier, and, let’s face it, happy people are generally more attractive!
4. A genuine smile can relieve stress. Smiling (as long as it is genuine) causes the body to release endorphins which improves mood.
5. Forcing yourself to smile will make you happier. Down in the dumps? Maybe the grey weather is getting to you? How about watching a cute cat video on Youtube? Give yourself a reason to genuinely smile, and you will be happier for the rest of the day.
What does a smile mean to you? If someone smiles at you on your way to work do you generally have a better day? At our dental office, you will always be greeted by a warm and genuine smile and your smile (and the health of it) is our passion! We would love for you to head over to our social media pages and let us know what makes you smile?