Your Dental Appointment in the Time of Covid-19
We are so excited to finally be back to being able to provide all services related to oral health to our patients. We are in the process of reaching out to our patients in the order in which their appointments were canceled in order to provide timely dental care. We thought it would be beneficial to give a run down of what a typical appointment will look like in the time of pandemic.
- Our reception area will no longer be used prior to your appointment. We now ask that you wait in your car so that we may promote social distancing by staggering the times we have our patients coming in and out of the office. We ask that you call the office at your appointment time we will let you know when you may come up. Our door will remain locked as we will not be accepting walk in appointments.
- You will be screened for Covid-19 on the phone when making the appointment, and then again just before you come up to the office. Safety comes first! We screen ourselves every day as well to ensure we are all feeling healthy and have not been exposed to Covid-19.
- You must wear a mask before entering the dental office. On arrival to our door, Sarah or Janet will provide you with hand sanitizer as well as a mask if you don’t wear one of your own. The mask is to be worn at all times while in the office, except during treatment.
- Temperature and oxygen levels will be checked and recorded prior to entering the treatment room. Our team also goes through this screening process every morning. In addition to this screening you will be asked to rinse with a peroxide rinse once you are in the treatment room.
- Our team will look a little different! We have updated protocol regarding our personal protective equipment. We are all wearing masks at all times, and in many cases we are wearing faceshields, surgical gowns and bonnets in addition to our regular PPE.
- Treatment will be completed in a closed room. We are very fortunate in the sense that we are not an open concept office and we are able to close the doors to our treatment rooms as is now required for treatment.
- We have added some new measures. Each room has a medical grade portable heap filtration unit that helps to remove allergens as well as airborne infectious agents. Each room is also equipped with a UV light for added environmental disinfection between patients.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer – a lot! We have hand sanitizing stations set up throughout the office. You will be asked to use it when entering and exiting a room, at the front desk and before leaving the office.
We would love to hear from you! We welcome and encourage any questions related to our office protocols in keeping our patients and our team safe. We have missed our patients and we are so happy to be back to this “new normal”. In addition to getting caught up on outstanding restorative and hygiene appointments, we are also saving room each day for dental emergency appointments as it seems there is an increased need for emergency services at this time. Give us a call at (705) 792-0079!