The weather is crisp, the leaves are changing and pumpkin spice flavours are back in season! Fall is arguably the most beautiful time of year in Simcoe County and our team has been taking advantage by using our local trails. On this week’s blog, we have compiled a list of some of the best trails in Barrie and the surrounding areas.
- Sunnidale Park. Right in the heart of Barrie, Sunnidale Park has a beautiful system of trails and includes a special dog area as well as a well-maintained arboretum and playground for the kids. Sunnidale is a local Barrie favourite, just check out Instagram and the hashtag #sunnidaleparkbarrie!
- The Lakeshore Trail. All the way around Kempenfelt Bay in Downtown Barrie, there is a hiking/biking path with gorgeous views of the lake. Very popular (and paved!) this trail is perfect for anyone – kids, dogs, strollers and wheelchairs. Bonus, if you choose to park in the downtown core there are many unique local businesses providing wonderful lunch and coffee options!
- The Tiffin Centre. This trail is located just outside of Barrie on the way to Utopia. With 17 km of groomed trails, there is a loop for every activity level and ability. The Tiffin Centre is also host to a fabulous maple syrup trail and pancake breakfast in the spring.
- North Simcoe Rail Trail. This trail is an easy hike with lots to see! Located in the Minesing Wetlands, you will see marshy areas and lots of wildlife, Fort Willow historic site, the ruins of an old rail town, and plenty of observation spots where you could easily enjoy a picnic. With a total of 31 kms, you could do a small section or take more time to complete a larger section of trail.
- Ardagh Bluffs. With 17kms of trails and varying loops, this trail is wonderful and has easy access from the Holly Rec Centre. This is a perfect trail system to see the colours of the season!
We hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving Weekend and get to enjoy this amazing place we all call home! If you get out for a great hike, head on over to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SimcoeDentistry and post a pic and where you were. We are always looking for new places to explore!